Wednesday, November 12, 2008

As Above So Below

After a quick beer,
I stand alone in the darkness
and feel the crisp air cutting
not unpleasantly, into my skin.
Silently I watch the lights
reflecting in the darkness of the water.

Breathing deep,
I taste the evening
tinted with brine
and the occasional drifting smoke
of some distant fire
Not unpleasantly, I realize
"I live for moments like this".
In the west
I find the Great Bear
and think of Zeus and Kallisto.

Stars above.
Darkness surrounds.
Reflected light.
As above so below.

As Above So Below, Poem, Matt Hansen October 2008

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!... makes me want to stop and notice (really see) my surroundings.

hydra said...

Thank You. Everyone should stop and pay attention (just be) every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. :)

Anonymous said...

dang,
I like!

Anonymous said...

You know...

Peace is a State of Confusion.